The Enhanced Registration Framework (ERF), as set out under the PEA and the Private Education Regulations and administered by the CPE, spells out the mandatory registration requirements and legislative obligations which all private education institutions (PEIs), operating in and from Singapore, must meet. The ERF aims to ensure that PEIs in Singapore are of a certain standard in order to protect the interest of the students enrolled in their schools.
TMIS has in place the following:
- TMIS has appointed Lonpac Insurance Bhd to be the provider of Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) under the Group Insurance for the protection of total course fees paid by international students. FPS protects the unconsumed course fees paid by students in the event that a PEI is unable to continue operating due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure.
- TMIS has appointed Lonpac Insurance Bhd to be the provider of Industry-Wide Course (IWC) under the Group Insurance for the protection of total course fees paid by international students. IWC protects the unconsumed course fees paid by students in the event that a PEI is unable to continue operating due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure.
- TMIS adopts the standard CPE PEI-student contract for every enrolment. The contract spells out all the terms and conditions that bind the relationship between the student and TMIS, including detailed breakdown of fees payable, payment schedule and the terms of refund.
- TMIS provides a cooling-off period of 7 working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties. Within these 7 days, student can submit written notice of withdrawal and be entitled to the Maximum Refund amount stipulated under clause 2 of the contract (less any course fee consumed), regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not
Click here to view a sample of TMIS standard PEI-Student Contract V3.1 and Miscellaneous Fees
A copy of the standard PEI-Student Contract is available at www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg
- Academic Studies/Assessments
- Communications & Feedbacks
- Student Welfare
We truly value your feedback. We will make every effort to address your concerns by:
- Acknowledge your feedback within 48 hours (2 working day)
- Initiate our investigation and conduct interviews for verifications (if necessary) within 7 working days
- Resolve complaints within a maximum of 21 working days upon receipt of complaint.
Any students that need to contact student support service for assistance, please contact :
Procedures Transfer/Withdrawal/Defer Policy
Transfer, withdrawal and defer policy shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Circumstance(s) in which a transfer/withdrawal/defer application will be granted
- Additional fee payable - S$214 (inclusive of 7% GST) for Transfer and Deferment
- Conditions for refund of any fee paid
- Students will be informed of the outcome within seven (7) working days.
Fees paid are refundable based on TMIS refund policy as follow:
|% of Refundable Fees||Notice of withdrawal is received|
|100% of fees paid||Within 7 days after signing student contract|
|100% of fees paid||30 days or more before Commencement Date|
|50% of fees paid||Less than 30 days before Commencement Date|
|No refund||After the Commencement Date|
*All application fees paid to TMIS are non-refundable
- Student who require assistance for withdrawal or request for refund will need to fill up the "Student Request Form".
- TMIS will review requests for refund based on compassionate reason(s), if any, on a case-by-case basis.
- All refunds will be made in Singapore Dollars within seven (7) working days after receiving the written notice.
- Any bank charges incurred during the course of refund will be borne by the student.
- International students must maintain a minimum of 90% attendance as stipulated by ICA. Breach of regulatory requirement will render cancellation of student pass and no refund of fees will be made.
- Student is to raise 'Student Request Form' with the attachment of student's letter/email for course transfer or withdrawal. Student will submit the form to Student Services staff for necessary action.
- Student will be interviewed to access and verify the information before approval for proceeding. Approval for transfer or withdrawal will take seven (7) working days.
- Student will be charged for all modules consumed and any outstanding fees incurred.
- For Transfer: Any excess payment will be refunded to the student. If there is insufficient payment, student will have to make the balance payment upon signing the new student contract.
- For Withdrawal: Refund will be made based on the TMIS refund policy.
- 'Letter of Confirmation for Transfer' or 'Letter of Approval for Withdrawal' will be issued to the student within 3 weeks from the student's written request to transfer or withdraw.
- For successful transfer, a new student contract will need to be signed. Existing contract of current course will be terminated.
- Student is to raise 'Student Request Form' with the attachment of student's letter/email for course deferment. Student will submit the form to the Student Services staff for necessary action.
- Student can only defer the course to a maximum period of six (6) months,for extension to anothr 6 more months, management approval is needed and is on a case by case basis, and with valid reason and attachment of proof.
- Student will be interviewed to access and verify the information before approval for proceeding. Approval will take fourteen (14) working days.
- Outstanding amount is to be made by the student, if any.
Student Request Form
The Student Request Form can be obtained through your respective Student Services Executives or Business Development Consultants. Softcopy of the form can be downloaded here.
The following payment methods are accepted by TMIS:
I-banking thru DBS/PayNow